AIA Philadelphia 2019 Design Awards
This year's Design Awards celebration will be held on Thursday, December 5, 2019 at The Fillmore. Join AIA Philadelphia as we celebrate 150 years of excellence in design and honor our award winners. For more information about the Design Awards, please visit: https://www.aiaphiladelphia.org/design-awards
Step 1: Create Profile
- Create a new username and password.
- There is no fee for the Young Architect Award.
- Click Save Address and Continue to begin your entry.
Step 2: Submit Your Entry
- Enter your Name, Firm Name, and Job Title.
- List the state(s) in which you are licensed.
- Upload a copy of your license (PDF files only).
- Upload your DesignAwards Presentation Slide (PPT or PPTX file). Please click here to download the template. This slide will be used the night of the DesignAwards Gala at the Kimmel Center, it will not be seen by the jury. Please do not alter the PPT or PPTX template in any way, simply include your project image and follow the instructions on how to appropriately title your work in the box provided. Thank you.
- All items listed below should be submitted as one single PDF no larger than 18 MB. Please title PDF with entrant's name_YA (i.e. JaneSmith_YA).
1. A one-page digest of achievements
2. Three letters of recommendation from AIA members, only one of which may be from a Nominee's current employer or co-workers
3. A declaration of the Nominee's responsibility signed by a firm principal is required for each submitted project. The declaration should indicate:
- that the Nominee was largely responsible for the project design;
- that the project was under the Nominee's direction as project manager;
- that the Nominee was the project architect; or
- a described level of responsibility.
4. A brief biography of the Nominee, including date of birth, expanding upon the descriptions in the one-page digest; and
5. Up to 20 8.5" x 11" pages, detailing the Nominee's achievements and role/contribution on projects
Young Architect Award Eligibility Requirements 2018
In the tradition of the American Institute of Architects’ College of Fellows, AIA Philadelphia’s Steering Committee of Fellows seeks to identify and recognize a young architect of exceptional achievement for past accomplishment and future promise.
A successful candidate must, through the materials presented to the Committee, display excellence and promise of future merit in one, two, three or all four of the following categories:
- Design Excellence: through the aesthetic or scientific application for the built environment;
- Practice: through leadership, management and/or specialized technical expertise;
- Education: through teaching, publications and/or research;
- Service: through exemplary service and contributions to the profession and/or society.
A candidate may choose to focus on a depth or breadth of contribution(s).
Nominees must be registered architect members of AIA Philadelphia between the ages of 25 and 39 as of the date of the application. Letters of recommendation will be accepted from any AIA Philadelphia member who has knowledge of the nominee’s accomplishments.
Late entries cannot be accepted. Thank you for your cooperation!