Please submit your seminar or tour proposal to be considered for the 2019 Forum on Architecture + Design. Proposals are due by Friday, May 3, at 5 p.m.
This year's Forum on Architecture + Design will be held October 2 - 4, 2019 at Convene Cityview (30 S 17th St #1410, Philadelphia, PA 19103).
If you have any questions about the proposal submission process, please email Julianne Foley at email@example.com.
- Contact information for submitter, incl. Name, Company Name, Email, Phone (all required)
- Program information, incl. Type of Program (Seminar or Tour), Intended Audience, HSW Justification, Length of Seminar/Tour, Seminar/Tour Name, Summary (50 word max), Detailed Description (300 words max), 4 Learning Objectives, PDF Upload containing all of this information for the selection committee to review, PR Photo Upload
- Tours Only: Location, What type of Tour, Additional safety requirements
- Speaker information (must enter at least one speaker), incl. Name, Company Name, Email
2nd Annual Forum on Architecture and Design
The Forum on Architecture + Design is AIA Philadelphia’s newly re-branded educational and expo event that is replacing the previous Design on the Delaware conference. The Forum is focused on curating multidisciplinary educational content for designers, civic leaders, product manufacturers, technology providers, and real estate developers – all the industries that contribute to shaping our built environment.
The Forum will offer:
• over 30 accredited continuing education programs and tours,
• Compelling keynote sessions featuring nationally/internationally recognized industry leaders,
• a two-day expo, and
• several opportunities to network and socialize with leaders in the building and design professions.
The 2019 Forum will take place at Convene CityView, which is conveniently located in Center City Philadelphia in the Duane Morris Building, 30 S. 17th Street, Philadelphia, PA 19103. Convene is a state-of-the-art meeting venue with tremendous views of Center City Philadelphia in every room. The spacious, yet centralized venue allows for many different activities in the same space: expo halls, quiet areas for a quick phone call, wifi throughout all of the classrooms, unlimited snacks and refreshments in between breakfast and lunch, and a variety of spaces for networking and learning.
80% architects and 20% other design and real estate industry professionals: planners, landscape architects, contractors, trades, civic leaders, and engineers.
Why Should I Exhibit?
We are looking for the people and companies that not only have compelling content to share with our members but also to create unique experiences for our attendees. Let us help you make a lasting impact on your target audiences. AIA Philadelphia staff and committee volunteers are excited to work with you. Exhibitor spaces are limited!
Once your proposal is submitted, please allow a few weeks for the committee to review and make a decision about who will be exhibiting at this year's Forum on Architecture + Design. If selected, the exhibitor fee is $2,500. If you have any questions about exhibiting, please contact Jermaine Jenkins at firstname.lastname@example.org.
AIA Philadelphia 2019 Design Awards
***Need new text for 2019***
Step 1: Create Profile
Create a new username and password.
If you are submitting more than one entry, you will be prompted for a payment at the end of each submission. Your contact information will pre-populate in each new entry you begin.
Click Save Address and Continue to begin your first entry.
Step 2: Submit Your Entry
- Enter your Firm Name, Contact Name, and Job Title.
- Enter your Project Title.
- You will pay $175 per built and unbuilt projects, and $75 for divine detail projects.
- Upload your Project Team Information Page (PDF only). Please click here to download the template.
- Upload your DesignAwards Presentation Slide (PPT or PPTX file). Please click here to download the template. This slide will be used the night of the DesignAwards Celebration at The Fillmore, it will not be seen by the jury. Please do not alter the PPT or PPTX template in any way, simply include your project image and follow the instructions on how to appropriately title your work in the box provided. Thank you.
- Upload your final PDF submission. Entries are due by 11:59 p.m. EST on August 30, 2019. Once you submit your entry you will not be able to make any changes to it. Entries will not be accepted after deadline. Remember: Submissions are ANONYMOUS. Please do not include your firm name/logo in your submission.
- Upload your Publication Photos/Credits. You may upload up to 10 PR photos. Please title each photo as Firm name_Project name_Number. Please number each photo as follows: 1 being the preferred photo for publications, 2 the next, etc. For example: Firm name_DoeResidence_1. PHOTOS SHOULD BE IN JPG FORMAT.
Final PDF Submission Information:
An entry is limited to 13 pages, including the Competition Project Information Page and 12 pages of images and project description. Click here to download the Project Information Page template. Please note: You must use the new editable template for your submission, even if you are making a re-submission. The entry must be a PDF document. File size is limited to 10 MB. Please do not make any changes to design, font, color, etc. of the Project Information Page. Please title the entry project name_category (Doe residence_Built). Please do not include your firm name in your final PDF submission. Entries which include firm names will be automatically disqualified.
Additional information and FAQs can be found here.
Late entries cannot be accepted. Thank you for your cooperation!